Shorter attention spans and easy accessibility have made social media an integral part of digital marketing. Any digital marketing agency worth its salt will have an extensive social media strategy in place to ensure you’re making the most of it – business-wise! However, it’s not quite a level playing field, with Instagram surging ahead as a ‘new home for brands’ thanks to a plethora of new features.
If you haven’t yet plunged into the world of likes, stories, IGTV, filters, and more, we’ve got some insta-worthy tips so you can take your business to the next level with Instagram!
Make it Official
First things first, if you don’t have an Instagram account make one! If you already have an account make sure you switch it to a business account.
Here are the steps you need to follow to create an Instagram business account:
- Go to your profile and tap in the upper right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to Professional Account.
- Tap Business.
Trust us, you’ll get a world of benefits like engagement numbers, the ability to turn organic posts into ads, contact info, and a whole lot of helpful features.
Create an Insta-worthy Strategy
Don’t get started on creating your new Instagram aesthetic right from the get-go. First, you’ve got to figure out your target audience, so you can curate content effectively to reach your objectives. Once you’ve done that, you can figure out how to set up your Instagram marketing strategy.
Here are some tips:
- Set goals based on real business objectives, not just vanity metrics like likes and follows.
- Focus on metrics related to the social funnel: awareness, engagement, conversion, and customer.
- Create a regular posting schedule, and stick to it.
Optimize, Optimize, Optimize
You’ve made a Instagram business profile, and now it’s time to make your profile the literal best it can be! This directly translates into getting results, and it doesn’t take much time to do it right so get cracking!
- Pack a punch with your Instagram bio using your brand voice, emoji, and don’t forget to plug your website.
- Optimize your profile picture, use the same logo as your other social media platforms. Remember, the picture shows up round, so make sure none of your logo is cropped out.
- Utilize Instagram business account features: contact information, category, and call-to-action buttons.
- Use relevant hashtags to generate extra traffic.
Create Cracking Content
Instagram is a visual platform, so it’s important to establish a visual aesthetic in line with your brand. Once you’ve figured out the content you want to showcase, keep it consistent so your fans can instantly recognize your work. Next, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and dig into some content creation.
- Take amazing pictures, and edit them before posting. It’s a great way to establish your aesthetic and make your brand more recognizable.
- Post Instagram stories with a compelling storyline, using engaging features like polls, quizzes, questions, and end with a strong CTA.
- Keep your best stories with FAQ, or interesting information in the highlights. Make sure the picture or graphic you use as the cover for each highlight fits in with your brand image and the content.
- Don’t neglect your captions. Even though people are looking at the pictures, captions help create a connection, so it’s important to be consistent with your brand voice.
Engage with Your Audience
Successful social networking is all about finding, and tapping into the community relevant to your brand. All the amazing content in the world won’t help with your marketing if you can’t engage with your audience.
Here are a few ways you can get in touch with the community:
- Follow and engage with other Instagrammers in your industry.
- Use relevant hashtags, so people can search for, and find you.
- Communicate, and build a connection by responding to comments and mentions.
- Work with Instagram influencers who align with your brand image.
- Promote your Instagram account on your other social media platforms.
Invest in Instagram Ads
According to Yotpo, Instagram users are 58 times more likely to engage with brands and ads and are 2.8 times more likely to remember it, compared to other social media platforms. Here are some more benefits of investing in Instagram ads:
- Engagement rates are higher.
- Non-intrusive, customers are less likely to get annoyed by your ad.
- ⅓ of Instagram users have used the app to purchase a product online.
Keep Tweaking the Formula
New trends pop up all the time, and content can quickly become outdated on Instagram. That’s why it’s important to keep monitoring your progress toward reaching your business goals.
- Track your progress using analytical tools like Instagram Insights, Keyhole, and Hootsuite Analytics.
- Use A/B testing to refine your strategy, and figure out what works best for your audience.
Do you need help putting out quality Instagram ads and getting results? We’re here to help!