Last Updated: June 24, 2021
Don’t be surprised when we say that 2.7 billion people use Facebook every month. It is important to make connections that matter by narrating your brand story beautifully across all devices. With Facebook, you can boost your online presence that helps to raise awareness for your business. Facebook gives people an opportunity to discover what your brand stands for when it is time to buy.
With the right content ready, you are good to go with your Facebook business page. Not just that, it’s easy to link your account with other social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Not quite sure where to start? Don’t you worry! Here are some easy steps to setting up your business page on Facebook. Let’s get started!
Firstly You will Need to Sign Up
Create a personal account to get started. After logging in, decide on what kind of page you want to create and follow these steps.
- Select the type of page you want to create: A ‘Business or Brand’ or ‘Community or Public Figure’?
- As you intend to start a business account, choose ‘Business or Brand’ and click the ‘Get Started’ button below it.
- Give your business name and pick a category for your business that people can easily understand.
- Add in your address, contact details and click Continue.
Steps to Create a FB Business Manager Account
Did you know that creating a Facebook business manager account is very important? It’s a great way to protect your digital assets and give access to people inside or outside your business, especially if you would like someone else, other than you, to run your social media. You can create your FB business manager account using these steps :
- Go to business.facebook.com/overview.
- Click “Create account.”
- Enter a name for your business, your name and work email address and click “Next.”
- Enter your business details and you will also need to specify whether you are going to use this account to promote your own business, or to provide services to other businesses (like an agency). And then, click “Submit.”
Now that you have a business manager account, you can access Ad accounts, add pages, and people to your business manager account. For that, firstly you will need to link your Facebook business page with your business manager account. To add a page to your Business Manager: Go to “Business settings.”
From the Business Manager dashboard, click “Add Page.” Click Add Page again in the pop up. Enter the name of your Facebook business page in the text box. Your business page name should autocomplete and then click “Add Page.” Your request will be approved automatically.
Add Your Facebook Ad Accounts
- After linking up your Facebook business page with your business manager account, you can add Ad accounts that you own. You can also give Ad account access to people inside and outside your organization if you’re trying to boost advertising.
- From the Business Manager dashboard click “Add Ad Account” and then click, “Create a New Ad Account” button. Enter your account details, then click “Next.”
- If you choose to request access or add an Ad account, enter the Ad account ID. Learn where to find the account ID here.
- Follow the prompts to select people and access levels.
How to Add People to Help You Manage Your Facebook Business page
Facebook Business Manager allows you to add team members to work on your Facebook business page and ad campaigns. This is how you do it:
- From your Business Manager dashboard, click “Add people.”
- And, in the pop-up box, enter the business email address of the person you want to add. You can decide whether to give these individuals limited account access (choose Employee access) or full access (choose Admin access). But make sure to add people using their work email addresses. Then click “Next.”
- You can customize the pages you want your team members to have access to. Finally click “Invite.”
Well-done! You’ve successfully added your team members.
Upload Pictures that Speak a Thousand Words
Have your brand logo in the profile, properly optimized to 170 x 170 pixels. Keep in mind that it displays as a circle. Your cover photo should showcase your brand personality, and what you’re all about, and should be optimized to 820 x 462 pixels.
Quality is in the Details
You know what they say, the devil’s in the details. Your business account for Facebook is theoretically done at this point, but don’t forget to fill out as much information as possible to increase the quality of your page. Click on ‘See All Page Tips’ to get started.
Add Your Instagram Account
- Go to your Business Manager dashboard and click “Business Settings.”
- Click Instagram Accounts on the left and then click Add.
- In the pop-up box, enter your Instagram login details and click Log In.
Create a Page Username – This URL will Make it Easier for People to Find You
- Add a short description to inform people about your business.
- Put in your contact information, website address, business number, and email address.
- Add working hours, and location, if you have a valid postal address.
- Put in a button for your CTA, which will show up below your cover image.
- With a clear and detailed description in ‘Our Story’ part of the ‘About’ section, your page will definitely rank better in organic search.
Choose a Template and Customize in Style
Customize your page with tabs and templates of distinct style in ‘Page Settings’. You can select additional tabs like ‘Offers’ and ‘Reviews’ and decide the order in which you want them shown. Facebook has made things easier with its built-in templates. It has a default CTA button and tabs, which you may choose depending on your business type.
Finally, Publish Your First Post
You’re ready, but the job’s not quite done yet! Post relevant and engaging content to attract more audience and remember to do it consistently. Your perseverance would add value to the business and Facebook is the right platform to reach out to your customers.
Do you want to delve deeper into Facebook ads, insights, and more? We can help!