When communicating an idea, the perfect picture can make words obsolete. Images tell stories that even pages of text could never fully capture. Day by day visual content is gaining more and more importance. Here is the latest info on visual content by Hubspot.
Lately, I’m sure you’ve noticed there’s been no shortage of buzz about the value in leveraging visual content for marketing — particularly when it comes to social media marketing. And sure, most will agree that visual content is easier on the eyes. But does it work?
Looks like it.
According to a new infographic from global communications company M Booth and media measurement and analytics company Simply Measured, visual content is not only taking the online world by storm; it’s also driving engagement! Here are some highlighted stats from the infographic that make the case:
- On Facebook, videos are shared 12X more than links and text posts combined.
- On Facebook, photos are liked 2X more than text updates.
- 42% of all Tumblr posts are photos.
- On YouTube, 100 million users are taking a social action on videos every week.
- Photo and video posts on Pinterest are referring more traffic than Twitter, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, and Google+.
The infographic also features a timeline about the recent growth of visual content on the web. Check it out below…
What roles does visual content play in your marketing?